When I began this blog in June, I had some rather ambitious goals. I really thought I could read and review books a few times a week, as well as post on other rather bookish topics on the days in between. This is not at all what happened, however. I missed that mark by so many days I began to lose count, making me feel like quite the blogging failure. By December, I was ready to scrap the blog and move on.
But its a New Year, all fresh and clean, and maybe before I throw in the towel I need to try again. So, as of today, I’ve got a new look, and a few new goals for 2013 to try and make this blog a success.
What stays the same?
- It’s still primarily a book blog. I love reading and I love sharing what I read. That hasn’t changed over the last six months, even if my schedule has.
- Library Loot– I’ll keep posting what books I take out, even if I decide not to review them.
- It’ll still be nerdy. This much hasn’t changed. 😉
What will change?
- Weekend Recaps– These will be categorized as Life and Things. Friends and family living far away check in here occasionally, and I want to be able to share what’s happening. Besides, as I started sharing my weekends I realized how genuinely boring my life is.
- I’m not accepting books to review. I tried accepting books to review and found I could not meet the time constraints. It just doesn’t work for me. If you want to recommend a book, I’m all for it, but please, no ARC’s.
- Library Loot will shrink. I’m limiting myself to one to two books each library visit. It will keep me from racking up fines for books I haven’t read, and it will help me focus on picking up books I actually read.
- Any Reading Challenges must be started by March…and if I’m not enjoying it, its okay to scrap it. Blogging is more a fun side hobby than a part time job.
With these changes in mind, here are my more modest goals:
- To post once a week. Book Reviews, Randomly bookish topics, Library Loot, Quotes, and Life and Things Updates all count as posts.
- To take pictures for the blog and stop using images from the web. I credit them, but it would still be nice to start using my own images. Guess I will be purchasing a camera…. 😉
- To enjoy blogging a bit more. I love reading and I really do love writing. So maybe if there is a little less pressure to post, it will be fun again.
Happy New Year readers! Here’s to hoping 2013 means a bit more success on the blogging front!